Dental veneers are an especially versatile cosmetic dentistry option at Lakeside Dentistry! Rochester, MN dentists like Dr. Jim Gores, Dr. Lucy Gores, and Dr. Peggy Scott can use them to give you a more beautiful smile by concealing flaws such as:
- Minor cracks
- Discolored teeth
- Misshapen teeth
- Gaps in teeth
Interested in veneers? Call Lakeside Dentistry at 507-316-6444.
Two Kinds of Dental Veneers
Lakeside Dentistry offers two different kinds: porcelain and composite. One of them will be right for your smile, and our dentists are happy to discuss all the factors you should consider, including:
- Dental problem being addressed
We’ve highlighted some pros and possible cons of both types of dental veneers for you here.
Porcelain Dental Veneers
While our Rochester, MN dentist will take all the necessary measurements and other information needed to make your porcelain dental veneers, they are produced in an off-site lab. You’ll return to us for a second visit, during which we’ll securely bond the veneers to your teeth.
Advantages of porcelain veneers include:
- Appearance. Porcelain veneers typically look more like your natural teeth, thanks to the natural translucence of porcelain. In addition, they will not easily stain or darken.
- Durability. Porcelain veneers also usually last longer than composite veneers. They can last 15 years or more, while composite veneers will likely need to be replaced within 10 years.
- Versatility. Porcelain veneers generally can cover a wider variety of dental flaws.
Composite Dental Veneers
We make composite dental veneers for you in our office. Their advantages include:
- Cost. Composite veneers typically cost about half as much as porcelain veneers.
- Convenience. We make composite veneers and secure them to your teeth in a single visit.
- Easy on your teeth. Composite veneers require minimal modification of your teeth.
- Simple to repair. We can easily fix any minor damage to your composite veneers, such as chips. And we can polish them during your regular teeth cleanings to keep them looking great.