Over the years, dental implants have changed. Originally, it was just for older people with dentures. But now, it can be for a single missing tooth. And we're even putting implants in teenagers who have congenitally missing teeth. Once we go through the orthodontics and get everything straightened out, we'll be filling in those spaces with implants. They're available for many, many people today.
It's the closest thing to getting your tooth back. Really, once they're in, you don't even know they're there. And they just work like the rest of your teeth. They're very easy to maintain, very clean. It's the best restoration, really, out there. It's the ultimate.
Do you have missing or badly damaged teeth? Are your dentures not as secure or as comfortable as you’d like?
Dental implant, a tooth replacement option that looks and feels like your natural teeth, may be for you! Call Lakeside Dentistry at 507-316-6444 for a consultation with Rochester, MN dentist Dr. Jim Gores, our dental implant expert.
Dr. Gores has performed dental implant procedures for more than 30 years. He uses the latest restorative dentistry techniques and technologies to give you a natural-looking and comfortable smile!
Dental Implant Advantages
Many people prefer dental implants to other tooth replacement options. Here are some reasons why:Dental Implants at Lakeside Dentistry by Dr. Peggy Scott, MN Dentist Read Transcript
As far as implants at Lakeside Dentistry, we always tell people it's the most lifelike thing you could have compared to an actual tooth. They're expensive, they will last decades, probably longer than any other type of dentistry we could provide, so if you're looking for an investment and a good, strong tooth, it's a fantastic service.
- Comfort. Dental implant fuse to your jawbone. So they aren’t going anywhere. No more embarrassing slippage or uncomfortable friction.
- Appearance. Dental implant look so much like your natural teeth, no one will know you have implants.
- Ease of care. You care for dental implants with crowns or bridges just like you care for your natural teeth. No need to remove them from your mouth to clean them.
- Strength and durability. Because they fuse to your jawbone, you’ll have a strong bite. You can eat what you want! With proper care, your dental implants should last a lifetime.
- Better for your dental health. Unlike dentures, which sit on your gums, dental implants stimulate your jawbone. This helps prevent bone loss that can cause a “shrunken” look. And unlike some tooth replacement options, Dr. Gores, Rochester, MN dentist won’t have to modify your surrounding teeth.
How Do Dental Implants Work?
Dr. Gores places a dental implant, a small titanium rod, in your jawbone. The dental implant involves three parts:Dental Implants at Lakeside Dentistry by Dr. James Gores, MN Dentist Read Transcript
Implants are up and coming every day. Technology in dentistry has really taken off, which is great. One good thing about implants is, it's a one tooth problem, it's a one tooth fix. It restores your tooth, it literally gives you a tooth back. It keeps the bone alive and it gives you all of your function back that you need. We've got it down to a really good science, we work very closely with some of the oral surgeons here in town and we have really good relationships with them and really, really good success rates.
- An implant, which functions as your tooth root
- An abutment, which securely attaches to the top of your implant and connects it to your restoration
- A restoration, which replaces the visible part of your missing tooth or teeth
Dr. Gores numbs the area with local anesthesia so you are comfortable during the process. But you should already feel comfortable knowing you’ve got a dentist so experienced in placing dental implants performing your procedure!
What Can Dental Implants Do?
Dental implants provide a solid foundation for multiple restorations, including:
- Dental crown. We create your dental crown by taking an impression of your tooth, matching the color, and creating a model of your bite. So the crown looks and feels like your natural tooth!
- Dental bridge, which can be used to bridge gaps left by missing teeth.
- Dentures. Dr. Gores can help you determine which dentures option is best for you. You can get partial dentures if only some of your teeth are missing or full dentures to replace all of your teeth. Dentures can be attached so you can remove them yourself or in a way that only your dentist can do it. Dr. Gores may even be able to perform an All-on-4 dental implant procedure, where just four implants are used to secure a full arch of teeth.