At Lakeside Dentistry, trusted Rochester, MN dentist like Dr. Jim Gores treat dental exams and dental cleanings like what they are: an essential part of your family’s dental health!
Catching problems like tooth decay in their earliest stages is a dental best practice. A tooth filling will take care of decay in the early stages, but if it worsens, you may need costly and complicated treatments like a root canal.
Seeing Rochester, MN dentist Dr. Jim Gores, Dr. Lucy Meyer or Dr. Peggy Scott twice a year for dental exams and dental cleanings is one of the best, yet easiest, ways for you to keep your family’s mouths in top shape.
Call our Rochester, MN dentist office at 507-282-8222 to schedule your appointment.
What Happens at Your Dental Exam & Cleaning
Here is what new patients can expect at a dental exam and cleaning appointment:
- A 30-minute meeting with one of our doctors during which they will examine your teeth and mouth, get your medical and dental history, and get a full set of digital X-rays. They’ll discuss your concerns and recommend any follow-up treatments that may be needed.
- An oral cancer screening, during which we’ll look for early signs of oral cancer.
- A thorough, hour-long cleaning with one of our dental hygienists.
We Use the Latest Technology for Your Dental Exam
Our dentists still use dental probes and mirrors to examine your family’s teeth. But now we use high-tech tools too! Among them:
- Digital radiography. It takes us less time to get digital images of your mouth, so you spend less time in the patient chair. No more waiting for the film to develop!
- CariVu cavity detector. This tool lets our dentists actually look at the interior of your teeth, where they can spot cavities and other problems.
Don’t miss a dental checkup. Biannual dental exams and dental cleanings are an important part of keeping your mouth healthy!
Call our Rochester, MN dentist office at 507-282-8222, or use our online form to schedule your family’s appointments.