Though dentures have been around a long time, they are now a much more versatile tooth replacement solution than ever before. You are no longer limited to traditional denture – though of course, they are available if you still want them.
Our dentists are happy to discuss all of your denture options with you. You’ll probably be surprised at how many there are!
Call Lakeside Dentistry at 507-282-8222 to schedule a consultation.
Dental Implant Dentures
Dental implant dentures offer many advantages over traditional dentures. Among them:
- They fit more securely. They’ll stay in place, and you won’t experience embarrassing slippage.
- They are more convenient. No more using messy adhesives. You can brush and floss them just like your natural teeth.
- They maintain your dental health. They are secured with dental implants embedded in your jawbone. This means your jaw continues to get stimulated, so you are less likely to experience bone loss that negatively impacts your dental health and results in a “shrunken” look.
At Lakeside Dentistry in Rochester, MN, we offer implant denture that you can remove yourself or ones that can be removed only by a dentist. This will depend on whether we secure your denture with sturdy metal bars or ball-and-socket attachments.
A dental implant can be used to support a partial or full denture. We can also perform a procedure called All-on-4, which uses just four dental implants to support a full arch of fixed teeth.
Immediate Dentures: No Need to Wait
You’ll have to wait several weeks for most denture, including waiting for them to be manufactured and waiting for your mouth to heal enough to wear them. But Lakeside Dentistry can create denture that you can wear out of our Rochester, MN office the same day your teeth are extracted!
Immediate denture offers several benefits, including:
- You won’t ever have to go without teeth. So you won’t hesitate to smile. And you can continue to enjoy your favorite foods.
- Immediate dentures protect your sensitive tissues and reduce bleeding during the healing process following your extractions.
We line immediate denture with a soft temporary material for your comfort during your healing process. After your mouth is fully healed, you’ll return to Lakeside Dentistry so our dentist can either reline your denture with a more rigid, permanent material or create a new set of permanent denture for you.
Which Dentures Are Right for You?
You’ll need to consider multiple factors when deciding which one to get – or whether to get denture at all. Among them:
- Number of teeth you need to replace
- Condition of your remaining teeth
- Strength of your jawbone
Fortunately, Dr. Lucy Meyer, Dr. Peggy Scott and Dr. Jim Gores have nearly 60 years of dental experience between them. They’ll help you make the best decision!
Lakeside Dentistry will make sure you get the denture options that are right for you! Call our office at 507-282-8222 to make an appointment.