We offer dry mouth treatment at our Rochester, MN dentist office for two reasons:
It can be painful, and we never want you to be uncomfortable
It creates a favorable environment for bacteria that cause tooth decay
To find out how Lakeside Dentistry can relieve your discomfort and keep your mouth healthy, call 507-282-8222.
Dry Mouth Treatment
Lakeside Dentistry uses two respected brands of oral care products to fight dry mouth and get you feeling better:
- Biotene. Products include oral rinses, mouth sprays, and moisturizing gel, all of which feature a pH balance similar to your saliva.
- PerioSciences. Products include oral rinses and toothpaste. Like all of the company’s products, they feature natural ingredients and antioxidants.
Because it can put you at greater risk for tooth decay, it’s also important for you to see Rochester, MN dentists like Dr. Jim Gores, Dr. Lucy Meyer, or Dr. Peggy Scott for regular dental exams and cleanings.
Dry Mouth Symptoms
The primary dry mouths symptom is a mouth that feels painfully dry and sticky. But there are other signs you should see us for drying mouth consultation:
- Sores inside your mouth or other painful areas such as split skin in the corners of your mouth
- Burning sensation in your mouth and on your tongue
- Trouble chewing or swallowing
- Lingering bad breath
Dry Mouth Causes
Taking certain medications is a big cause of it. Decongestants, muscle relaxants, antidepressants, and appetite suppressants are among popular medications that can lead to dry mouths. You are at greater risk if you take multiple medications.
Other factors that can cause drying in the mouth or worsen its effects are:
- Not consuming enough water/dehydration (often the most common cause)
- Smoking or using chewing tobacco
- Suffering from certain medical conditions, including diabetes, stroke, Parkinson’s disease, and rheumatoid arthritis
- Undergoing radiation or chemotherapy
Let us help you with our treatments! Call Lakeside Dentistry at 507-282-8222. Or use our online form to visit our Rochester, MN dentist office.