Do you have missing or badly damaged teeth? Are your dentures not as secure or as comfortable as you’d like?
Dental implant, a tooth replacement option that looks and feels like your natural teeth, may be for you! Call Lakeside Dentistry at 507-282-8222 for a consultation.
We use the latest restorative dentistry techniques and technologies to give you a natural-looking and comfortable smile!
Dental Implant Advantages
Many people prefer dental implants to other tooth replacement options. Here are some reasons why:
- Comfort. Dental implant fuse to your jawbone. So they aren’t going anywhere. No more embarrassing slippage or uncomfortable friction.
- Appearance. A dental implant looks so much like your natural teeth, no one will know you have implants.
- Ease of care. You care for dental implants with crowns or bridges just like you care for your natural teeth. No need to remove them from your mouth to clean them.
- Strength and durability. Because they fuse to your jawbone, you’ll have a strong bite. You can eat what you want! With proper care, your dental implants should last a lifetime.
- Better for your dental health. Unlike dentures, which sit on your gums, dental implants stimulate your jawbone. This helps prevent bone loss that can cause a “shrunken” look. And unlike some tooth replacement options our dentist won’t have to modify your surrounding teeth.
How Do Dental Implants Work?
A dental implant, a small titanium rod, is placed in your jawbone. The dental implant involves three parts:
- An implant, which functions as your tooth root
- An abutment, which securely attaches to the top of your implant and connects it to your restoration
- A restoration, which replaces the visible part of your missing tooth or teeth
The area is numbed with local anesthesia so you are comfortable during the process. But you should already feel comfortable knowing you’ve got a dentist so experienced in placing dental implants performing your procedure!
What Can Dental Implants Do?
Dental implants provide a solid foundation for multiple restorations, including:
- Dental crown. We create your dental crown by taking an impression of your tooth, matching the color, and creating a model of your bite. So the crown looks and feels like your natural tooth!
- Dental bridge, which can be used to bridge gaps left by missing teeth.
- Dentures. We can help you determine which dentures option is best for you. You can get partial dentures if only some of your teeth are missing or full dentures to replace all of your teeth. Dentures can be attached so you can remove them yourself or in a way that only your dentist can do it. We may even be able to perform an All-on-4 dental implant procedure, where just four implants are used to secure a full arch of teeth.
Dental implants may be your best choice for replacing missing teeth! Call Lakeside Dentistry 507-282-8222