Regular brushing and flossing go a long way toward keeping your family’s smiles looking and feeling great. But you’ll need a little extra help from top-notch Rochester, MN dentist like Dr. Lucy Meyer at Lakeside Dentistry. That’s where our general dentistry services come in!
Call our office at 507-282-8222 for dental exams and other general dentistry services.
General Dentistry Services at Lakeside Dentistry
Our general dentistry services include:
- Dental cleanings and dental exams. Our professional team gets rid of the plaque and tartar you can’t reach on your own and looks for signs of trouble. We find cavities with our high-tech CariVu dental tool.
- Gum disease treatment. If we find gum disease, we’ll eradicate it with a deep cleaning treatment called scaling and root planing.
- Dry mouth treatment. We can offer products and advice that will help you beat dry mouth.
- Preventive treatment. Dental sealants, fluoride varnish, and other fluoride treatments can protect you and your family from dental decay.
- Nutritional counseling. Dr. Peggy Scott is especially knowledgeable in this area, as she has a bachelor’s degree in dietetics.
Why We Look for Halitosis
You may be embarrassed by bad breath (halitosis). But we are concerned that it can indicate a number of troublesome conditions, including:
- Dry mouth
- Gum disease
If we find halitosis, we will work with you – and possibly your physician – to find the cause. And we’ll follow up with a treatment of underlying conditions like dry mouth or gum disease.
Sure, you can purchase boil-and-bite mouthguards from the drugstore for family members who need them to protect their teeth while playing sports. But we can fit them for custom mouthguards from Proform that they’ll like much better!
Here are some reasons to get a custom mouthguard:
- Because they fit better, your athletes will find them easier to wear
- Unlike off-the-shelf mouthguards, they should be able to speak clearly and even enjoy sports drinks or water while wearing a custom mouthguard
- You can order them in team colors or other custom configurations
- Our dentists can advise you on strengths and thicknesses that are appropriate for different sports and make sure they get mouthguards that are right for their activities
We can also provide you with a custom mouthguard to wear while you sleep to protect you from painful teeth grinding.
From dental exams to gum disease treatment to custom athletic mouthguards, general dentistry services from Lakeside Dentistry will keep your family’s mouths healthy! Call our Rochester, MN dentist office at 507-282-8222 to make an appointment, or use our online form.